Monday, March 2, 2009

Lent Is

(En Español abajo.)
This is my latest comic. With the beginning of Lent here, I imagined I was at a coffee house chatting with one of my students who had genuine questions about Lent and the whole idea of making sacrifices for 40 days.

The art itself uses art I originally created as a sketch or comic panel previously. The first panel is actually the last from a previous comic. The bottom image of Christ holding the light that guides the person's path in a sea of total darkness comes from a sketch I did during meditative prayer at a retreat some years ago.

(In English above.)
Este es mi más reciete comic. con la llegada de la cuaresma, me imagine que estaba en un café hablando con uno de mis estudiantes quien tenía una pregunta genuina sobre la cuaresma y la idea de hacer sacrificios por 40 días.

El arte es arte que originalmente hice como bocetos u otro panel en un comic previo. El primer panel es el último panel de un comic previo. La imagen abajo de Cristo aguantando la luz que guía a la persona en en mar de total oscuridad viene de un dibujo que hice durante una oración de meditación durante un retiro hace unos años.

No comments:

Post a Comment